Saturday, March 31, 2012

Easter Preschool Activities

We were on Spring Break this past week and are excited to get back into our normal routine.  We will be focusing on Easter this week.

Here's a look at our activities for the week.

New Creation in Christ Butterflies
Create butterflies using paper plates & plastic spoons.

Alphabet Egg Match
Place each egg into the correct space to match the uppercase & lowercase letters.

Easter Graphing
Roll the die and color in the correct space on the graph.  Stop when you reach 6 for any one picture and compare your results.
I created the die & chart using Easter stickers.  You can find a blank die to printout here. My blank graph printable is available below the photograph.  Use your own stickers or drawings to complete the preparation.  I laminated the die before assembling it for durability.  After I took this picture, I decided to place my graph in a sheet protector and use dry erase markers so we could reuse it multiple times.

Easter Egg Sorting
Sort the eggs by color using the whisk.
The biggest challenge with this activity will be that the eggs will fall through the center of the whisk if not positioned just right.  This will be a great exercise in patience, as well as motor skills!

Easter Egg Decorating with Shapes
Decorate each egg using the stickers that are the shape shown above that egg.
Printable available below the photograph.  Stickers available here.

Counting Easter Stickers
Look at the numeral written on each egg and place that number of stickers on each one.

Making Easter Lily Bouquets
Tutorial here.  Super Tot and Princess will each make 4 of these to make our Easter centerpiece.

Spelling Easter Words
Use the Bananagrams tiles in each cup to spell the word written on the cup.

Letter Tracing Practice

Resurrection Eggs
We will go through the Easter story each day using our Resurrection Eggs.  Toward the end of the week, I will have Super Tot tell me as much of the story as he can by showing him each item in order.

Be inspired:



7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for these ideas! I have a 1 year old and a 3 year old that I am introducing tot trays to. Your blog gives me so much inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I love the butterfly! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your ideas! We'll be doing a few for sure. I've heard such good things about Benjamin's Box ... I may need to order that one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful activities. I will try them with the girls this week too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am loving your blog and feel so blessed to have just found it!

    I am your newest follower and love your butterfly craft. =)

    I would love for you to visit me when you get the chance. We made a cute plant snack that I would love for you to check out!


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have so many cute ideas here! I love the spoon butterfly & the Lillys - WOW! I featured it this week at TGIF - http://www.livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/2012/04/tgif-linky-party-24.html - As this is your 2nd feature I have a special featured again button if you like. Just email me at livinglifeintentionallyblog @gmail.com for the code. Thanks for sharing your creativity with all of us!!
    Happy Easter,
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete

Due to recent spam activity, I have turned word verification OFF and comment moderation ON.